* Mount Olivet Cemetery was established in 1874. Our first burial was April 4, 1877. There are some
stones in the cemetery that predate 1877. These are individuals that were moved here from another cemetery.
* Mount Olivet Cemetery works with all Funeral Homes and Mortuaries. Please make sure that you check with the cemetery before you schedule your services to make sure there aren't any conflicts and that all ownership papers are in order. The cemetery requires at least one (2) full working day to open a grave prior to the funeral. We require that all funerals be completed by 3:00 p.m. on weekdays and 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
* Mount Olivet Cemetery requires that the family making the arrangements come to our office to verify the property and authorize the opening of the grave for a funeral.
* The cemetery is not responsible for theft or damage of vases, markers, monuments or flowers.
* The cemetery reserves the right, without notice to prohibit or remove from lots all artificial flowers, unauthorized planting or any article considered objectionable. Artificial flowers and decorations are permitted from November 15th to February 15th. All flowers and decorations will be removed five (5) days after all holidays including Memorial Day. Absolutely no glass containers allowed.
* The gates of the cemetery will be open from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. from October through April and 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. May through September. The gates of the cemetery will be locked every day at closing. Trespassing on the cemetery grounds after closing is forbidden. The cemetery is open for cemetery purposes only. Mount Olivet Cemetery is not a public park. No youth groups, classes or tours allowed. No dogs, skateboarding, or bikes allowed on cemetery grounds.
* Regulation size for markers and monuments differ from grave to grave and section to section. Make sure you contact the office for restrictions before ordering your marker or monument.